Do You Know The Muffin Man?

About two weeks ago, I was researching blogs and tech analysts writing about the mobile phone wars heating up between Apple, and all the other guys. (I know Samsung is positioned as the primary challenger, but I don't want them to win, so I'm not going to go there in this instant).  More about those findings later.

Nonetheless, I stumbled upon an article by a economics Ph.d student, "7 Reason's This Muffin Mix Can Save America," and honestly, it was the most refreshing thing I've read in a LONG time.  I understand there are still fundamental issues with the company, inherent from our capitalistic society.  But what appealed to me the most is the leverage of integrity, ethical standards and good-old commonsense to cultivate stakeholder value.

The story reignited my spark.  It's a little odd, but my curiosity has been off the charts since reading it.  I'm reengaged my own studies, and I've dramatically up'd my intake in marketing lit.  That's my point.  Doing the right thing is contagious... in this case the equation begins with a baking mix company taking care of their employees by paying equitable wages and equates to helping a lost entrepreneur find a 2nd wind of gusto.

I'm grateful to Cory Suter for his work compiling this piece, and encourage you to check it out too!  PS - Don't get me started on Policymic.  I'm like a kid in a candy store exploring the site and consuming the materials available.  More treasures to find I'm sure.

Comments