Strengths Based Life

It's strengths survey time!  I recently had to take the Clifton Strengthsfinder (again!) for work.  This is my third time taking it, and I really wasn't surprised with the results.  Before the big unveil of the 2017 results, let's go WAY back to the first time I took it.... (2005?)

1. Focus
2. Ideation
3. Input
4. Responsibility
5. Competitive

Yep, that was pretty accurate....in 2005.  I was still hoarding all information I could get my hands on, looking for patterns and connecting thoughts together into threads in my brain.

Then in 2009, our son was born and it was shortly after that my top strengths rearranged themselves to look something like....

1. Futuristic
2. Individualization
3. Strategic
4. Achiever
5. Competitive

It was just about me anymore....but I was still highly competitive as I felt the need to prove myself and my ability at work and in life.  I feel like in that place I'm finding the confidence that I am competent and do contribute.  In place of that competition, my responsibility is letting growth and my own personal contributions fulfill my need for validation and contribution.  Plus, I'm not in retail anymore....so with an industry change and, maybe/hopefully, coming into my own, here are my top 5 manifesting in 2017....

1. Futuristic
2. Strategic
3. Intellection
4. Analytical
5. Responsibility

Reading the notes on intellection/analytical/strategic, I absolutely see how these three weave together in my leadership.  How about you?  What are your top 5?  I'm excited to see the strengths of my team and see how we can best leverage each other in the years to come.  Looking forward to the download and collaboration this week in St. Louis.

Take care of yourself and share your light with those around you.

jt




Comments